HUFI is collaborating with a large number of collaborative training and research programs for developing high-level staff working in science and technology, enhancing training and research capacity, and building up international cooperation. Some representative types of cooperation are as listed as follows:
- Cooperation in scientific research and technology transfers;
- International cooperation in high quality undergraduate and graduate training programs;
- Collaborating with industries, esp. domestic and/or international enterprises;
- Organizing international workshops, conferences and exhibitions;
- Students and staffs exchange, etc.
Absolutely, HUFI is effectively using all funds obtained from the donors, and gained the fruitful results. The representative international projects as well as collaboration types of the institution are mentioned as below:
Collaboration in Research
- Molecular marker-based characterization and genetic variation of Longan (Dinmocapus longan) in Southern Vietnam (Cooperation with partners from EU);
- Tackling the mycotoxin issue in Vietnamese agricultural product to minimize human exposure (Cooperation with partners from Belgium);
- Joint research on the enhancing food safety and security of rice and maize: minimization and prevention strategies to control spoilage molds and mycotoxins of agrifood product in Vietnam (Cooperation with partners from EU);
In addition, HUFI has been granted several facilities to build up new high-tech laboratories, and modernize the facilities for not only researchers/teachers but also students use. For example,
- TOKAN Holdings Co., Ltd. (Japan) sponsored us an set of Automotive emissions analyzer;
- Sheng Bang Co., Ltd. (Taiwan) granted five 3D printers in form of latest advanced high technology;
- Vietnamese-German Training Academy was established as result of the agreement between (Germany) and HUFI, etc.
Collaboration in Training
A large number of scholarships and internship programs have been transferring to the students and staffs of school annually. Besides, the institution is starting to run the faculty and student exchange programs between HUFI and the oversea partners. Here is some key factors per academic year:
- 30+ visiting professors/lecturers from the international partners;
- 200+ incoming distinguish delegations;
- Sending ca. 50 students of HUFI to study aboard;
- Sending several hundred students to diverse international companies, enterprises, and/or manufactures located in Vietnam for studying tour or doing internship at workplace;
- Running four international joint programs in form of two phases and at undergraduate level, esp. Food Science and Nutrition, Biological Science and Technology; Business Administration; Tourism. Up to the present time, there are approximately 150 students of HUFI studying oversea.